About Hatha Yoga at Yoga for You
Yoga is an ancient body of wisdom. The practices deepen awareness and help bring to balance the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of ourselves.
Yoga For You teachers are steeped in the practices given by their teachers. We recognise the power and potency of simple practices that can help every person. This is irrespective of the level of mobility, body size or shape, and level of flexibility and strength of each person.
The approach to yoga that is embraced by Yoga For You teachers is Hatha. This is the yoga of balance. Each class includes asana (postures), pranayama (breath awareness and expansion of the vital energy) and deep relaxation or meditation. Classes are structured so that the body mind system is brought into harmony and balance - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Hatha yoga includes, Raja, Karma, Jnana, Mantra and Bhakti yoga as well as other branches. It has been referred to as Yoga of Head, Heart and Hands. Through integration of knowledge, emotions and service, full potential unfolds itself. This yoga provides a practical framework to help our lives to be lived to the full.
Regular yoga practice is effective as a management tool for health and well-being of body, mind and emotions. It also provides a map for the spiritual journey which is life's essence.
Teachers at Yoga for You:
- Offer an experience of yoga and meditation that is suitable for a wide range of experience and abilities;
- Endeavour to meet the individual needs of each participant;
- Provide a welcoming space and guidance allowing each participant to explore the practices in a way that is suitable for them;
- Can provide group classes and can be available for private consultation to help you develop your own practice or sadhana (practices for transformation).
Our students tell us that the practices:
- Help them to experience peace and calmness in their practice and their lives;
- Help them to feel better in themselves;
- Help them to sleep better;
- Develop flexibility and strength, physically, mentally and emotionally;
- Help them to enjoy and appreciate themselves and their lives more;
- Help them to manage the difficulties and challenges that can arise in life
- Help them to make positive changes in their lives, gently and naturally;
- Provide beautiful nourishment for the body, mind and spirit.